One of our loyal customers, @leahsfood, posted this Pesto English Muffin Pizza on her Instagram and it looked SO Dam Good that we created this recipe in collaboration with her, so that we could share it with you!
To clarify, she noted that, “It was SO DAM GOOD. The English muffin is literally the perfect thickness and texture for the pizza. Crispy on the outside, and doughy on the inside.”
View this post on Instagram
Therefore, to make our Pesto English Muffin Pizza recipe recipe, first grab a bag of your favorite vegan sourdough Dam Good™ English Muffin variety (we used "Original White")!
Sourdough English Muffin Pizza with Pesto Recipe
English Muffin Pizza Ingredients:
- 1 gourmet Dam Good™ English Muffin, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons of Marinara sauce (we used Rao’s)
- Bufala Mozzarella
- Basil Pesto
- Arugula (on the side)
- Firstly, lightly toast your sourdough English muffin.
- Then, spread the marinara sauce on both sides of the handmade English muffin.
- Then, layer the bufala mozzarella on top of the sauce, and broil the English muffin pizza until cheese is golden brown.
- Finally, swirl the basil pesto sauce on one or both sides of the English muffin, and enjoy your homemade pesto pizza!
Other Pesto Pizza Ideas:
- Chicken Pesto Pizza using this Chicken Pesto Pizza Recipe
- Shrimp Pesto Pizza
- Vegan Pesto Pizza
- Pesto Ricotta Pizza
- Kale Pesto Pizza
- Pesto Goat Cheese Pizza
- Basil Pesto Pizza
Additional Pesto Pizza Toppings:
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Sautéed Onions
- Sun dried Tomatoes
Further, check out our other English muffin pizza recipes!:
- English Muffin Pizza with Sausage
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Vegetable English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- For dessert: English Muffin Dessert Pizza with Strawberry and Nutella
Similarly, you can make any of these English muffin pizza recipes vegan by simply swapping the cheese for a plant-based cheese, and using a vegan meat alternative. You can also make this vegan pesto pizza by using a plant-based pesto sauce.