Hooray, (plant based) burger season is finally upon us!
We recommend swapping out your typical burger bun for our vegan sourdough English muffins...since we find that they hold up GREAT to the juiciest of burgers.
For this post, we made a plant-based (Beyond Meat) caramelized onion cheddar plant based burger with avocado on our vegan sourdough "Whole Wheat" English muffin variety.
View this post on Instagram
What you'll need:
- Plant based burger (we used Beyond Meat)
- Vegan sourdough Dam Good™ English Muffin (we used "Whole Wheat")
- Onions and mushrooms, sliced
- Cheese, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Mayonnaise and hot sauce (we used Hellman's and Franks)
- Coat both sides of the plant-based patty with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Sautée onions and mushrooms with olive oil over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Coat pan with olive oil and cook plant-based patty for 4 minutes on each side.
- Toast English muffin.
- Place cheese on top of burger to melt.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise with hot sauce and stir.
- Spread mayonnaise and hot sauce mixture on one side of the English muffin and place burger on top, with caramelized onions and mushrooms, avocado, and enjoy!