As a result of World Vegetarian Day, and to mark the beginning of World Vegetarian Month, we are showcasing one of our favorite ways to use our sourdough English muffins...you guessed it, vegetarian English muffin pizza's with sautéed vegetables (onions, mushrooms, and peppers)!
What is World Vegetarian Day?
So you know, World Vegetarian Day was “established as an annual celebration to promote the joy, compassion and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism.” Given the state of our environment, we believe that it is important to be mindful of the choices you are making when it comes to meat consumption. That being said, for the month of October, we will not only be featuring some of our favorite vegetarian recipes using our sourdough English muffins every Monday, with the hashtag, #meatlessmonday, but will also only be posting vegetarian content!
Therefore, we hope you are encouraged to step outside of your comfort zone this month, and join us in reducing our environmental footprint by trying out some of the vegetarian recipes (posted on the "Recipe" section of our website) that we recommend. We belive that small changes make a big impact, and that is why you should make every meal count!
Vegetarian English Muffin Pizza Recipe:
What you'll need:
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Onions, diced
- Red and yellow pepper, sliced
- Vegan sourdough Dam Good™ English Muffins (we used "Original White"), sliced in half
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees.
- Preheat your pan and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, sauté onions until golden brown, and mushrooms until all the water has been cooked out.
- Then, place the sautéed onions and mushrooms in a separate bowl, add some more olive oil, and sauté the peppers.
- Assemble the pizzas on a sheet pan by spreading the sauce, adding the mozzarella cheese, and sautéed vegetables to follow.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until cooked to your liking, and enjoy!
Additionally, we invite you to get creative with your vegetarian English muffin pizza toppings.
More English muffin pizza toppings include:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Hot honey
So, what're you waiting for? Grab your ingredients, and make this easy English muffin pizza recipe today! It's healthy, delicious, nostalgic, and fun.
For this homemade English muffin pizza recipe, we made our vegetarian English muffin pizza in the toaster oven, however feel free to explore the other English muffin pizza cooking methods below:
- English muffin pizzas in the oven
- English muffin pizzas in air fryer for air fryer English muffin pizzas
- Note: English Muffin Pizza Oven Temperatures and English muffin pizza cook time vary depending on the appliance used
Further, check out our other English muffin pizza recipes!:
- Sausage English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- Pesto English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- Caramelized Butternut Squash English Muffin Pizza
- Shallots Pizzas and Mushroom & Pesto English Muffin Pizza
- For dessert: Strawberry Nutella English Muffin Pizza Recipe
Similarly, you can make any of these English muffin pizza recipes vegan by simply swapping the cheese for a plant-based cheese, and using a vegan meat alternative.