Our customer Claire, who is a big fan of the Fishwife Trout Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich (TLT) on a sourdough Dam Good English Muffin wrote in her product review, "If you're like me and on the look out for wholesome alternatives to industrial meat, once you taste your first DGEM TLT you'll always crave it over the traditional BLT."
As we're always on the hunt for new meatless, small-batch, from-the-source, preservative-free products with minimal ingredients, like Fishwife, we couldn't agree more with Claire's review!
That being said, we're so excited to have added Fishwife's line of tinned fish to our online store, including their Smoked Trout, because we truly believe in and deeply enjoy their products ourselves, we want to support fellow women-owned businesses, and because they pair so nicely with our sourdough English muffins!
Fishwife's Smoked Rainbow Trout is:
- Sourced from farms rated as "Best Choice" by the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch program.
- Smoked in small batches over a mix of beech, maple, and birch wood, hand-packed, and canned by fifth-generation family-run cannery on the central coast of Washington.
- Raised in pure Idaho spring water, always without the use of antibiotics, growth hormones, or genetic engineering.
- It has 62x less mercury than the FDA’s allowable standard.
- Their cans are BPA-free.
- No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives
Further, to make Natalie Berger's TLT (Trout Lettuce Tomato Sandwich) recipe from eatfishwife.com follow the steps below (we used our vegan sourdough Whole Wheat Dam Good™ English Muffins).
TLT (Trout Lettuce Tomato Sandwich)
- Two slices of sourdough
- Grainy mustard
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 can Fishwife trout
- A couple slices of an heirloom tomato
- Handful of greens
- Handful of dill
- Fresh lemon juice
- Heat butter in a small pan. Place the sourdough on the pan until the bread is golden and toasty. Spread the mustard and smashed avocado on one side of sourdough. Top with the tomato slices, greens, trout, dill, and fresh lemon juice. Slice the sandwich in half and dig in!
As someone who no longer eats meat, this Trout Lettuce and Tomato sandwich is an absolute game changer for me! It's quick, easy, nutritious and absolutely delicious.
Additionally, if you don't have Fishwife's Smoked Trout on hand, you can also use this same Trout Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich recipe with Fishwife's other tinned fish that is available here at our online store, like the Smoked Albacore Tuna, or the Smoked Atlantic Salmon!
Lastly, Fishwife is a new female-founded and led food company aiming to make ethically-sourced, premium, and delicious tinned seafood a staple in every cupboard.
I hope you enjoy!
Olivia, operations manager