This sourdough English Muffin Croutons Recipe is healthy, quick, easy, fun, and versatile! You can adjust this recipe by using any variety of our vegan sourdough English muffins as well as whichever spices you'd like! Since we typically prefer a simple seasoning blend, we used minimal ingredients, which allowed for the sourdough flavor in our English muffins to come through in the crouton.
English Muffin Croutons Recipe
- Vegan Sourdough Dam Good™ English Muffins (we used three of our "Original White" variety of handmade English muffins)
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- First, heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Then, slice sourdough Dam Good™ English Muffins into 1/2 cubes, as shown below:
- Next, place your cubed vegan sourdough English muffins into a large mixing bowl, and combine with olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until all cubes are covered
- Then, put seasoned English muffins onto a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until browned to your liking
- Finally, let them cool, and then top on a salad, soup, chili, stuffing, casserole, meatloaf, etc. - get creative!
Further, if you'd like to make vegan English muffin croutons, simply swap out the parmesan cheese for a plant-based cheese, or don't use cheese at all.
Vegan Parmesan Cheese Brands:
- Follow Your Heart Plant-Based Parmesan
- Nutritional Yeast (dairy-free cheese alternative)
If you don't want to fire up your whole oven to make this easy English muffin croutons recipe, there are other methods of baking them that you can use to get the same crunchy and delicious outcome.
Other ways to cook sourdough English muffin croutons:
- Make your croutons in an air fryer for air fryer croutons!
- Use your toaster oven to make these English muffin croutons.
- Throw these handmade croutons on the grill while preparing your other BBQ ingredients.
- Use a skillet to make skillet English muffin croutons.
More Crouton Recipes using vegan sourdough Dam Good™ English Muffins:
- Autumn Minestrone with English Muffin Croutons Recipe
- Eggs Florentine Salad with English Muffin Croutons Recipe
- Authentic Gazpacho