What you'll need:
- 1 can of Jackfruit (we used Native Forest Organic Young Jackfruit)
- Seasonings of your choice (we used onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper)
- Olive oil
- BBQ sauce (we used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- Red onion, sliced
- Bread and butter pickles (we used The Pickle Guys)
- Vegan sourdough Dam Good™ English Muffins (we used "Original White"), sliced in half
- Remove pieces of jackfruit from their core, rinse with water, drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season jackfruit in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add olive oil, and seasoned jackfruit to follow. Cook until jackfruit begins to brown. Add BBQ sauce and coat jackfruit by tossing together. Add a little bit of water to thin the sauce.
- Stir and reduce heat to low, cover skillet and let cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove lid, turn off the heat, and toast your English muffin.
- Assemble sandwich with jackfruit, red onion, pickles, and enjoy!