We made this Air Fryer English Muffin Pizza Bites recipe for National Pizza Day, (which was on March 9th!) on our sourdough "Whole Wheat" variety.
Air fryers are all the rage these days, and for good reason. These handy appliances make it easy to cook up delicious and healthy meals with little to no oil. And when it comes to quick and easy snacks, English Muffin Pizza Bites are the perfect option.
English muffin pizzas have always been one our favorite ways to enjoy our handmade English muffins because they're versatile, fun, quick, easy, and most of all, DELICIOUS! This however was the first time that we used an air fryer to make an English muffin pizza recipe, and it worked perfectly, with little to no mess!
The great thing about this recipe is that it is completely customizable. You can use your favorite pizza toppings, and adjust the cooking time and temperature to achieve the perfect level of crispiness.
In addition to being delicious and easy to make, Air Fryer English Muffin Pizza Bites are also a healthier option than traditional pizza. Since the air fryer uses little to no oil, you can indulge in this tasty snack without the guilt.
With the crispy crust and mild tang from our sourdough English muffins and melty cheese, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household. So the next time you're looking for a quick and easy snack or appetizer, give this recipe a try – your taste buds will thank you!
Air Fryer English Muffin Pizza Bites recipe:
What you'll need:
- Vegan sourdough "Whole Wheat" Dam Good™ English Muffin(s)
- Tomato sauce
- Ball of fresh mozzarella
- First, turn air fryer to 375 degrees and preheat it for 5 minutes.
- While air fryer is heating, fork split the handmade English muffin and lightly toast it.
- Next, layer the lightly toasted sourdough English muffin with tomato sauce and chunks of fresh mozzarella.
- Then, put it in the air fryer for 5 minutes, slice into bite sized pieces, top with red pepper flakes and oregano, and enjoy!
More sourdough English muffin pizza topping include:
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Hot honey
So, what're you waiting for? It's certainly time to grab your ingredients, and make this easy homemade air fryer English muffin pizza bites recipe today! It's healthy, delicious, nostalgic, and fun.
For this sourdough English muffin pizza recipe, we made our English muffin pizza in the air fryer, however if you don't have an air fryer, explore the other English muffin pizza cooking methods below, and get the same delicious results!:
- English muffin pizzas in the oven
- English muffin pizzas in the toaster oven
- Note: English Muffin Pizza Oven Temperatures and English muffin pizza cook time vary depending on the appliance used
Further, check out our other homemade sourdough English Muffin Pizza recipes:
- Vegetarian English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Pesto English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- For dessert: English Muffin Dessert Pizza with Strawberry and Nutella Recipe
Similarly, you can make any of these English muffin pizza recipes vegan by simply swapping the cheese for a plant-based cheese, and using a vegan meat alternative.