This tofu scramble recipe is an easy to make, delicious, and nutritious vegan alternative to traditional scrambled eggs.
What is tofu scramble?
Made from crumbled tofu, this protein rich dish can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (with our sourdough English muffins) and can be customized with a variety of flavorful ingredients.
I was first inspired to start experimenting with tofu scramble when I saw my friend's mom making it a couple of months ago. One of my favorite things about it is that like our sourdough English muffins, it is super versatile! You can throw whatever veggies that you have in your fridge into it and it will always be delicious. The result is a dish that's high in protein, low in fat, and packed with flavor.
But what we think makes tofu scramble truly special is the texture. When cooked properly, the crumbled tofu will resemble scrambled eggs, making it a great vegan substitute for those who miss the taste and texture of eggs. And because tofu is a great source of plant-based protein, tofu scramble can be a great addition to any vegan or vegetarian diet.
Tofu scramble is also incredibly easy to make. Simply crumble the pressed tofu into a skillet, add your vegetables and spices, and cook for a few minutes until everything is heated through. You can also add toppings like avocado, salsa, or vegan cheese to take it to the next level.
With the price of eggs these days, what’re you waiting for?! It's time to grab your favorite variety of vegan sourdough Dam Good™ English Muffins, a block of extra firm tofu, raid your fridge for vegetables that you need to use up, and have this tofu scramble for breakfast the whole week!
Tofu Scramble Recipe
What you'll need:
- Handmade Dam Good™ English Muffin(s)
- Olive oil
- 1 block of extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 8 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons of oat milk
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 block of cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups of spinach
- Turmeric, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat for 3 minutes. Then, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat for another minute
- Next, add the red onion and sauté for 5 minutes
- Then, add the mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes, while stirring to combine and add peppers
- Next, crumble the tofu into the pan and stir to combine it with the vegetables
- Then add the spinach and combine until it cooks down and add the oat milk
- Add turmeric, garlic powder, salt pepper, and red pepper flakes and stir to combine well
- Then, add the nutritional yeast and cheddar cheese, stir to combine
- Finally, split (using our Fork Splitter) and toast your sourdough English muffin, pair it with avocado and this tofu scramble recipe, and enjoy!
To make a vegan tofu scramble, simply substitute the cheddar cheese for a plant-based cheese.
Other variations of tofu scramble:
- Southwest tofu scramble
- Mexican tofu scramble
- Olivia, operations manager