For National Avocado Day which was on Sunday, 7/31/22, we're sharing this tangy cheesy avocado toast recipe that we made on our gourmet "Original White" English muffin variety.
We used Core & Rind's Cashew Cheesy Sauce which is plant-based and dairy-free (just like our vegan sourdough English muffins!), and tastes just like cheese!!!
View this post on Instagram
Moreover, we think that our toasted sourdough English muffins are the best bread for avocado toast for a couple of reasons:
- They're the perfect size and shape.
- They're crispy on the outside, and chewy on the inside, which is the perfect balance for creamy avocado, and which also yields for the perfect sturdy base for a loaded avocado toast.
- Our "Whole Wheat" and "Multigrain" English muffins are also a good choice, as well as our "Cinnamon Swirl" variety if you're looking for a sweet and savory combination.
Although there are tons of vegan cheese options to choose from these days, for this avocado toast recipe with plant-based cheese, we chose Core & Rind's vegan Cashew Cheesy Sauce because it's similar to that of a queso dip. Similarly, feel free to use regular queso dip or hard cheese if you prefer, however, if you're looking to get creative and mix it up with different type of plant-based cheese, here are some other ideas to get you started:
- Plant-Based Mozzarella
- Plant-Based Cottage Cheese
- Plant-Based Parmesan
- Plant-Based Ricotta
- Plant-Based Feta Cheese
- Plant-Based Cheddar Cheese
- Plant-Based Cream Cheese
So, grab your vegan sourdough English muffins, an avocado, your favorite type of plant-based cheese, and let's get toasting!
Cheesy Avocado Toast recipe:
What you'll need:
- 1 handmade Dam Good English Muffin
- 1 fresh, Hass avocado
- Plant-based cheese, to taste (we used Core & Rind's Cashew Cheesy Sauce)
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- After you fork split your sourdough English muffin and toast it, cut the avocado in half, and then into slices, lengthwise.
- Then, spread the slices of avocado across both halves of the sourdough English muffin.
- Next, you'll add cheese on top (we drizzled Core & Rind's plant-based Cashew Cheesy Sauce).
- Finally, finish the toast with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, and enjoy your cheesy avocado toast!
In conclusion, we love avocado toast because like our gourmet English muffins, it's super versatile and can be made so many different ways. So, for example, here are some other avocado toast recipe ideas:
- Avocado Toast with Egg
- Salmon Avocado Toast
- Smoked Salmon Toast
- Smashed Avocado Toast