What you’ll need for the grilled cheese sticks:
1 Dam Good™ English Muffin
Sliced sharp cheddar cheese (we used Cabot)
Butter, to taste
What you'll need for the tomato bisque:
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups chicken broth
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup half-and-half cream
Chopped fresh tomatoes, optional
- In a medium saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended, slowly add chicken broth. Stir in tomato paste and cayenne until well blended.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat, gradually stir in cream - do not boil.
- Heat a medium saucepan for 3-5 minutes at medium heat. Slice English muffin in half, and assemble sandwich. Place butter in pan until it melts, and the sandwich to follow.
- Flip sandwich after about 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Cook the other side for another 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove sandwich from pan, and let it cool for 1-2 minutes. Slice into strips, dip into your soup, and enjoy!