For the final #meatlessmonday of World Vegetarian Month, I sliced up and toasted one of our vegan sourdough "Original White" English muffins and prepared Mary Frances Heck's "White Bean Tapenade" recipe from Bon Appetit to put on top!
This tapenade, which is great for an appetizer, snack, or a side is so delicious, and super easy to make. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- Olivia, operations manager
- 1 15-ounce can white beans (such as cannellini or Great Northern), rinsed, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted mixed olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon (or more) fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1baguette (for serving)" (we used our vegan sourdough "Original White" English muffins)
Toss beans, olives, parsley, oil, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a medium bowl; season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired. Serve tapenade with baguette.
DO AHEAD: Tapenade can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill; bring to room temperature before serving."
For the full, original recipe, please visit https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/white-bean-tapenade.