For National Fried Chicken Day, 7/6, we experimented with Daring Food's plant-based original breaded chicken pieces and made this Dam Good™ tasting Fried Chick'n Sandwich Recipe on our vegan sourdough "Original White" variety.
We were very happily surprised by the taste, texture, and the way it fried up - it was just like real chicken! If you too are looking for more plant-based options or meat replacements, we'd recommend giving these a go!
Moreover, we think that our toasted sourdough English muffins are the best bread for sandwiches, like this one, for a couple of reasons:
- They're the perfect size and shape.
- They're crispy on the outside, and chewy on the inside which yields for the perfect sturdy base for a loaded Fried Chick'n Sandwich.
- The unique texture of our handmade English muffins, which is fully of peaks and valley's, soaks up the mayonnaise, or any sauce you use on your sandwich.
- You can use any of our four varieties of gourmet English muffins to customize your English muffin sandwich.
Although there are tons of plant-based chicken and meat options and alternatives to choose from these days, for this Fried Chick'n Sandwich Recipe, we chose Daring Food's Breaded Plant Chicken Pieces because of their clean ingredient label. WIth that said, feel free to whichever vegan chicken brand you prefer, however, if you're looking for other alternatives besides Daring Foods, but don't know where to start, here are some other ideas:
- Meatless Farm's Fresh Plant-Based Chick'n Cutlets
- Beyond Chicken Tenders
- Gardein Ultimate Plant-Based Chick'n Filets
- Tindle Foods Fried Chicken Patty
So, grab your vegan sourdough English muffins, some plant-based fried chick'n, and let's get toasting!
Fried Chick'n Sandwich Recipe:
What you'll need:
- 1 vegan sourdough Dam Good™ English Muffin
- 4 pieces of Daring Food's Breaded Plant Chicken Pieces
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese, we used Tillamook (use vegan cheese to make it plant-based)
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, we used Hellmann's (use vegan mayonnaise to make it plant-based)
- Heat frying pan for 2 minutes
- Pour olive oil into pan and heat for 1 minute
- Fry Daring Food's Breaded Plant Chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides
- Fork-split your gourmet Dam Good™ English muffin, and toast
- Place cheese slices on top of chick'n until melted
- Spread mayonnaise on the bottom layer of the sourdough English muffin, and layer with chick'n and melted cheese, mixed greens, cut in half and enjoy!
If you'd like to make this Fried Chick'n Sandwich vegan, consider the following plant-based cheese brands:
- Daiya Foods
- Follow Your Heart
- Good Planet Foods
- Miyoko's Creamery
If you'd like to substitute regular mayonnaise for plant-based mayonnaise, or veganaise, consider the following vegan mayonnaise brands:
- Follow Your Heart
Lastly, to make this Fried Chick'n Sandwich Recipe with real chicken, simply purchase breaded chicken cutlets and follow the same steps!