As a vegetarian, I'm always looking for more fun and different ways to incorporate protein into my diet, and with all the hype surrounding cottage cheese, I decided to give it a try with this Avocado Cottage Cheese Toast recipe. To my surprise, I was impressed by its nutritional value and versatile flavor. I now understand why everyone is raving about it!
That being said, I'm excited to share this hearty, protein-packed breakfast recipe! It features cottage cheese sourdough toast on one half of the "Multigrain" English muffin, and on the other half, cream cheese and cold-smoked lox (Hudson Valley Fisheries) with a side of vegetable packed tofu scramble. It is not only a simple yet satisfying way to enjoy a Dam Good™ English Muffin but is also the perfect recipe for busy mornings when you need a quick and filling breakfast that will keep you energized all day long.
Avocado Cottage Cheese Toast Recipe
- 1 sourdough Multigrain Dam Good™ English Muffin
- 1/2 ripe avocado, smashed
- 2 tablespoons Good Culture Cottage Cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fork split the English muffin and toast it to your desired level of crispiness.
- Then, on one or both halves of the handmade English muffin, spread the smashed avocado evenly.
- Next, add the Good Culture Cottage Cheese on top of the smashed avocado.
- Finally, drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top, finish with salt and pepper and enjoy!
This hearty and flavorful Avocado Cottage Cheese Toast on our sourdough "Multigrain" Dam Good™ English Muffin variety is a perfect breakfast idea that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized. With the combination of creamy avocado and tangy cottage cheese, this toast is packed with nutrients and potential health benefits. The first, is avocado which is a great source of healthy fats, fiber, and potassium. The second, is cottage cheese which is an excellent source of protein and calcium, and can help support bone health and muscle growth. So, what're you waiting for? Try this delicious and nutritious toast for breakfast and discover why cottage cheese is becoming a new staple in many people's diets, including mine!
There are a lot of cottage cheese brands on the market, however, Good Culture is my go-to because they're known for using high-quality ingredients and for their commitment to producing a product that is both delicious and nutritious. Here are some reasons why Good Culture Cottage Cheese stands out among other brands:
- Simple ingredients: Good Culture Cottage Cheese is made with just a few simple ingredients, including organic milk, live and active cultures, and a pinch of salt. There are no added gums or fillers, so you can feel good about what you're eating (just like our handmade sourdough English muffins!).
- Grass-fed milk: The cows that provide the milk for Good Culture Cottage Cheese are grass-fed, which means that they are raised on a natural diet that is better for the environment and for the animals themselves. Grass-fed milk is also higher in omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients.
- Higher protein content: Good Culture Cottage Cheese has a higher protein content than many other brands, with up to 19 grams of protein per serving. This makes it a great option for anyone looking to increase their protein intake, whether for athletic performance or weight management.
- No added sugars: Unlike many other brands, Good Culture Cottage Cheese does not contain any added sugars or artificial sweeteners. This makes it a healthier option for anyone looking to reduce their sugar intake.
Olivia, operations manager
Other cottage cheese toast ideas:
- Berry and Cottage Cheese Toast: Spread cottage cheese on your toast and top with fresh berries, such as strawberries or blueberries. This recipe is a great way to add more fruit to your diet.
- Tomato and Cottage Cheese Toast: Spread cottage cheese on your toast and top with sliced tomatoes, basil, and a drizzle of olive oil. This recipe is perfect for a light lunch or snack.
- Egg and Cottage Cheese Toast: Top your toast with scrambled or fried eggs and a dollop of cottage cheese. This combination is packed with protein and makes for a filling breakfast or brunch.
- Peanut Butter and Cottage Cheese Toast: Spread peanut butter on your toast and top with cottage cheese, sliced banana, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. This recipe is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth while still getting a healthy dose of protein.
Other cottage cheese recipe ideas:
- Cottage cheese pancakes
- Cottage cheese ice cream
- Cottage cheese smoothies
- Cottage cheese cheesecake
- Cottage cheese lasagna
- Cottage cheese muffins