To make our version of Ali’s’ “Authentic Gazpacho” recipe from Gimme Some Oven, first grab a bag of your favorite Dam Good™ English Muffin variety (we used vegan ‘Multigrain’)!
- 2 pounds ripe Roma tomatoes, halved and cored*
- 1 small (1/2 lb) cucumber, peeled and seeded*
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled
- 2 small garlic cloves (or 1 large clove), peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 thick slice of white bread, soaked, crusts removed*
- optional garnishes: homemade croutons, chopped fresh herbs, a drizzle of olive oil, or any leftover chopped gazpacho ingredients
- Purée. Combine all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Puree for 1 minute, or until the soup reaches your desired consistency.
- Season. Taste and season with extra salt, pepper and/or cumin if needed.
- Chill. Refrigerate in a sealed container for 3 to 4 hours, or until completely chilled.
- Serve. Serve cold, topped with your desired garnishes."
English Muffin Croutons:
In a skillet, toast 1-inch English muffin cubes in 2 tbsp. oil over medium-high, turning frequently, 6 to 8 minutes.