Dam Good™ English Muffins is seeking applicants for Bakery Assistant positions
A Bakery Assistant is responsible for all aspects of the preparation, production and packaging of artisan-style Dam Good™ English Muffins. They must follow all procedures of the bakery and comply to all safety and sanitation regulations during their shift. A Bakery Assistant will report directly to the Bakery Manager and have a positive, respectful and professional approach with co-workers.
- Be able to lift 50 lb. bags of flour and other ingredients
- Be able to go up and down stairs
- Scale ingredients
- Mix, portion and sheet dough
- Cut muffins from sheeted dough
- Griddle muffins
- Sort, weigh, package and label artisan English muffins
- Fulfill orders
- Take, rotate and order of inventory
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Make sure that muffins are produced on time and are of good quality
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines
- Be on time and ready to work your shift
- Must be 18 years or older and able to work in the US
While previous experience with pizza or bread is preferred, the person hired as the Bakery Assistant will be provided with on-the-job training through an apprenticeship-type program.
These positions have been made available by the provisions of a grant from the New York State Office of Community Renewal CDBG. Low-to-moderate income persons as defined by HUD will be given first consideration in hiring. Also note that Dam Good™ English Muffins supports and endorses Open Hiring™.
To apply for this position or obtain additional hiring information, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an application on Indeed.com, here: http://www.indeed.com/job/bakery-assistant-dbbe6d80b1a893f2.