To make our version of Eric Ripert's “Toasted Bread with Olive Oil, Garlic and Herbs” recipe, from Food & Wine, first grab a bag of your favorite sourdough Dam Good™ English Muffin variety (we used "Whole Wheat")!
- 6 slices of country bread, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large ripe tomato, halved
- 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- Light a grill. Brush both sides of the bread slices with the olive oil. Grill the bread over a moderately hot fire until lightly charred, about 1 minute per side. Rub the hot toasts with the garlic, then the tomato. Sprinkle the toasts with the herbes de Provence and serve at once."