Caesar Salad with English Muffin Croutons Recipe
Although this Caesar Salad was delicious and refreshing on it's own, I have to say that the homemade Sourdough English Muffin Croutons were definitely the star of the show. They were perfectly seasoned, crispy and crunchy on the outside, with a nice chew on the inside. We think that English muffin croutons are always the perfect addition to a fresh, crispy salad topped with cajun styled shrimp, like this one!
Pictured: Kale Caesar Salad with sourdough Dam Good™ English Muffin Croutons and Grilled Cajun Shrimp in a 12" French Blue, bowl hand painted by Sherwood Forest Design from their 'New Naturals' Collection.
Sourdough English Muffin Croutons Recipe
Here's what you'll need:
- 4 Vegan Sourdough "Original White" Dam Good™ English Muffins
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
- Baking sheet
- First, heat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, combine minced garic with olive oil
- Then, cut your handmade English muffins into 1/2 inch squares
- Next, lay the English muffin squares on the baking sheet and coat with parmesan cheese, and the garlic and olive oil mixture
- Finally, bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until they're cripsy to your liking
Caesar Salad Recipe Ingredients
Pictured: Recipe ingredients
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced (1 tsp)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, plus more to serve
Pictured: Caesar Salad Dressing before and after whisking
For the Caesar Salad
- 1 large romaine lettuce, (or 2 small heads romaine)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded or shaved
For the Cajun Style Shrimp:
- 6-12 uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Caesar Salad Dressing
- First, in a small bowl, whisk together garlic, dijon, Worcestershire, lemon juice and red wine vinegar.
- Then, slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil while whisking constantly.
- Lastly, whisk in 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper, or season to taste.
How to Make Caesar Salad
- First, rinse, dry and chop or tear the romaine into bite-sized pieces. Then, place in a large serving bowl and sprinkle generously with shredded parmesan cheese and cooled croutons. Next, drizzle with caesar dressing and toss gently until lettuce is evenly coated.
How to Make Cajun Shrimp
- First, add smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and oil into the bowl with the shrimp.
- Then, combine shrimp and seasonings until all of the shrimp are covered.
- Next, heat a large skillet over medium heat for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet until they are pink and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, combine all ingredients into the salad bowl, and enjoy your caesar salad with English muffin croutons!
We love this caesar salad with English muffin croutons recipe because it is simple, but packed with so much flavor and texture! One of the reasons we love sourdough English muffin croutons is because like our handmade English muffins, they're so versatile and can be used in so many different ways.
Other sourdough English muffin crouton recipes: