In honor of National Fried Chicken Sandwich Day, 11/9, we made this Buffalo Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe.
To do so, we fried up some boneless skinless chicken thighs, melted some cheddar Cabot cheese on top, drizzled Marbled Meat Shop’s Buffalo Wing Sauce, topped it with lettuce, and put it between a vegan sourdough "Original White" Dam Good™ English Muffin.
For this Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe, we were inspired by Easy Chicken Recipes.
Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe:
What you’ll need:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- buffalo sauce to taste
- sliced cheese, to taste (we used Cabot)
- lettuce to taste
- canola oil for frying
- 4 Dam Good™ English Muffins, sliced in half and toasted
- First, place breadcrumbs, eggs, and flour in separate bowls
- Then, heat canola oil in pan on medium heat for 5-10 minutes
- Next, dunk chicken thighs into flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs
- Then, cook chicken thighs until brown and crispy (NOTE: if you don't want to fry the chicken in oil, feel free to use an air fryer to make an air fryer chicken sandwich)
- Turn heat to low, and place cheese on one side of chicken thighs to melt and toast the gourmet English muffins
- Lastly, assemble the sandwiches on the English muffins with chicken thighs, buffalo sauce, lettuce, and enjoy!
Other Chicken Sandwich Recipe Ideas:
- Buttermilk Chicken Sandwich
- Chicken Fried Steak Sandwich
- Shake Shack Fried Chicken Sandwich
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Sandwich
If you don't eat meat but would like to enjoy this Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe, check out our plant-based Fried Chick'n Sandwich Recipe, or simply replace the chicken in this recipe with a vegan meat alternative, like plant-based chick'n!