After taking a trip to New Hampshire for a wedding, Ross (co-founder) and I (Olivia, operations manager) stopped by Trillium Farm to Table for some delicious plant-based grub.
I got the "Chickpea Burger," and while raving about how good it was to Ross, I couldn't stop thinking why I had never made something like this before. So, this #meatlessmonday, I present you my recreation of Trillum Farm to Table's chickpea burger (inspired by Feel Good Foodie) on our sourdough "Whole Wheat" English muffin with garden fresh lettuce and tomato.
What you'll need:
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- tahini sauce for serving
- "In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, all purpose flour, parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add two tablespoons of water and use a fork or masher to combine the ingredients until they are well blended.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal parts and form into thin patties.
- In a large pan, heat the oil until it's shimmering. Then add the chickpea fritters and cook until browned and fully cooked through, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Place on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil, then serve with tahini sauce or any other sauce of choice." - Feel Good Foodie
For the full recipe, please visit https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/chickpea-fritters/.